Video HowTo: Create an Excel COM add-in in Visual Studio
This sample starts the new series of visual HowTo. We thought it would be a good idea to give you a sort of hands on training with Add-in Express.
Today we are going to look at one of the most frequent tasks, creating a COM add-in for Microsoft Office. We will start from the very first steps, such as creating a COM add-in project for MS Excel, and we will show you how to:
- Add a ribbon tab with ribbon group and ribbon button in Excel 2007
- Add a toolbar with a single button for Excel 2000-2003
- Handle those buttons clicks
- Add a custom task pane to Excel 2007
- Handle a keyboard shortcut
This sample video was captured in Visual Studio 2008 (VB.NET) with Add-in Express 2009 for Microsoft Office and .net . In a similar way you can develop your Excel add-in in C#, C++.NET and Delphi Prism. You can find the complete description of this Excel sample on our web-site.