Learning Center - Add-in Express for Internet Explorer and .net
for Internet Explorer® and Microsoft® .net
Internet Explorer - Articles
- Complete Guide: Getting started with Add-in Express for Internet ExplorerStep-by-step practical guidance illustrated with screenshots and code samples on how to create browser extensions for Internet Explorer, customize IE toolbars, explorer bars, add commands to the main menu and context menus and intercept keyboard shortcuts.
- Creating IE add-ons with Visual Studio 2012 This article will walk you through creating a simple IE plug-in using Add-in Express for Internet Explorer. It shows how to create an advanced Explorer bar and add your custom button to the IE command bar.
- Adding Internet Explorer bars to the IE GUI
Pieter van der Westhuizen demonstrates how to build an Explorer bar by creating a video downloader bar that lists all Add-in Express videos on a particular page.
- Get an IE add-on to interact with a standalone applicationThe article explains how to create an Internet Explorer add-on that flawlessly interacts with a standalone application. C# and VB.NET samples with source code are available for download.
- Synchronize settings of an IE plug-inThe article demonstrates how to synchronize the settings of all active instances of an add-on in all running Internet Explorer processes.
- Deal with Protected Mode API in Internet Explorer 7 and IE8See how to use the Protected Mode API functions in Internet Explorer add-ons.
- .NET controls in Internet Explorer - natural behavior and look-and-feelC# and VB.NET samples show how to give a natural look-and-feel to your custom IE controls.
- How to program IE add-on, toolbar / bar, menu in C#, VB.NET, C++The article gives some useful tips for programming Internet Explorer add-ons, explains how to customize the IE toolbar, Explorer bar and menu, how to ensure smooth communication between instances of your IE add-on.
- Add an image URL to Twitter from Internet Explorer programmaticallyPieter van der Westhuizen demonstrates how to write an Internet Explorer add-on to add an image URL to a Twitter message.
- How to create an Internet Explorer Bar for Microsoft Dynamics CRM This article demonstrates how easily you can build additional integrations between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Dynamics CRM by creating an add-on which shows the selected contact in Dynamics CRM's orders on an IE bar.
Internet Explorer - Videos
- Developing Internet Explorer extensions, end-to-end demoEnd-to-end demo by Ty Anderson showing how to build Internet Explorer extensions using Add-in Express. In the course of the video Ty explains how to add both a custom toolbar and an Explorer bar and how to create a setup package to deploy your solution.
- Create an Internet Explorer add-on (VB.NET)This video sample covers the general techniques of developing Internet Explorer add-ons with Add-in Express. In 7 minutes you will learn how to create an add-on working in different IE versions, how to build an IE toolbar, Explorer bar and customize context menus.
- How to create Advanced IE barsThe advanced bars offer several advantages over regular IE Bars. This video demonstrates a couple of Layout options and Drag and drop capability. As with any video, there is more included but you have to watch it to find out what.
- Internet Explorer bar UI synchronization If you extend Internet Explorer with an Advanced IE Bar, you might want your bar to reside in the same location across all open tabs. Then again, you might not and would rather allow the users to adjust the location of the bar in each tab. This video shows you exactly how to do this.
- Owner Draw with Advanced Explorer BarsResponding to owner draw events allows you to respond to an advanced bar's display changes and alter the rendering of the advanced bar. A good example is changing the advanced bar's header text, color and icon depending on the bar's layout position - that's exactly the demo in this video.
- Add any .net controls to Internet Explorer toolbars (VB.NET)The video demonstrates how to populate an Internet Explorer toolbar with any native, custom or third-party .NET controls.
- Customize main and context menus in Internet Explorer (VB.NET)Watch this video to see how to customize the menu bar and context menus of Internet Explorer.
- Create a custom Explorer bar for Internet Explorer (VB.NET)The 4-minute video explains how to create a custom IE bar that works in different versions of Internet Explorer.