Video: Creating Excel add-in using C#, VB.NET
Excel is a popular target application for Office COM Add-ins and Add-in Express has the tools to empower you, the Excel add-in developer. This relatively short video shows how Add-in Express components and visual designers can help you quickly:
- Create an Excel COM Add-in
- Build a custom Excel ribbon
- Develop a custom command bar
- Add your own controls to each (the Ribbon and the command bar)
- Build a custom menu
- Create standard Office task panes
- Create Advanced Task Panes (only from Add-in Express!)
- Add a custom keyboard combination
- Respond to Excel events
I say the video is relatively short because we pack in so many demos in under 18 minutes. I promise you we keep it moving.
The video was captured on Visual Studio 2010 with Add-in Express for Office and .net. It demos creating a sample Excel add-in using VB.NET, but you can use Add-in Express to develop plug-ins for Excel 2010-2000 in C# and C++ as well.