Video HowTo: Create Outlook COM add-in: Explorer and Inspector command bars, part 1
This is yet another series of visual HowTo that focus on Outlook COM add-ins. We will start from the very beginning and show you how to customize Outlook command bars and their buttons, Outlook menu and task panes, how to modify the Ribbon UI and handle events of controls.
From part 1 of the series you will learn how to:
- How to create new Outlook 2000-2007 add-in solutions.
- How to build and register add-in solutions.
- How to add a new command bar to the Outlook Explorer window.
- How to add a new command bar to the Outlook Inspector window.
- How to add a custom item to the Outlook Explorer main menu.
- How to handle events of command bar controls.
The video was captured on Visual Studio .NET 2008 (VB.NET) with Add-in Express 2009 for Microsoft Office and .net . You can find the complete description of this Outlook COM add-in in the Developer’s Guide.