Uninstalled Addin but Toolbar Remains?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Uninstalled Addin but Toolbar Remains?

wmgroup

I'm having a major issue we upgraded to 2007 from 2003 and I removed the old addin then installed the new addin for 2007 and now even though it deleted all the files in the addin directory my toolbars have been combined into one. I have the new toolbar name with old and new combined. Old doesn't work but new does. Ok so i thought I'd fix it by uninstalling addin and reinstalling. Even though again everything gets removed from directory and reinstalled I get a toolbar with both. Now even if I removed the addin completely the toolbar remains. I've deleted the extend.dat file with no results. How do I fix this?
Posted 08 Apr, 2011 08:01:51 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi William,

Did you set the Temporary property of your command bars controls to true? Please read more about that in the http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-commandbar-components.php section of the online documentation.
Posted 08 Apr, 2011 10:08:55 Top
wmgroup

thanks it was set to false, so I'll try that and see what happens. But I think my problem was the original addin probably being set to false also and may screw things up from now on.
Posted 08 Apr, 2011 14:17:45 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi William,

It looks like you need to remove old command bar controls programmatically first.
Posted 11 Apr, 2011 04:50:18 Top
wmgroup

How do I do that? I was just fixing to ask cause I've tried the true thing and didn't work. When I uninstall old addin the old one still stays and my new toolbar is just added to the end of the old one.

User added an image

Would renaming the new toolbar help but I think even if I renamed it it would still load the old one. I really need to get this fixed. Trying to deploy office 2007 to clients and they are confused with addin so I need to halt till I fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted 11 Apr, 2011 11:46:17 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi William,

It looks like you need to develop your own utility which deletes your old command bar buttons. In the code you need to find the disconnected controls (use the FindControl function of the CommandBar class in Office) and then remove them using the Delete method of the CommandBarButton class.

To get assistance with host applications?Â?Ð?é objects, their properties, and methods as well as help info, use the Object Browser. Go to the VBA environment (in the host application, choose menu Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor or just press {Alt+F11}), press {F2}, select the host application in the topmost combo and/or specify a search string in the search combo. Select a class /property /method and press {F1} to get the help topic that relates to the object.
Posted 12 Apr, 2011 02:43:11 Top
wmgroup

Wow, who knew all this trouble would be created. What caused this to happen? Flaw in Addin Express or Microsoft. Seems like a ton of trouble for people who upgrade.
Posted 12 Apr, 2011 07:42:18 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Posted 12 Apr, 2011 07:54:01 Top