Uninstallation issue with add-in

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Uninstallation issue with add-in

Philip Street

I have a problem with add-in I've developed. Installation is fine, but when I uninstall the add-in my menu options still appear. I have tried the following with mixed results;

1) deleting the following entries in the Registry
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\AddIns\MyOfficeAddIn.Proxy
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\AddIns\MyOfficeAddIn.Proxy

2) Opening each application in which my add-in is/was registered and doing Tools | Customize and clicking the "Reset menu and toolbar usage data" on the Options tab.

3) Searched the registry looking for my add-in class - I couldn't find any instances anyway, after uninstalling.

So the question I have is;

1) Why do my menu options still appear after I've uninstalled, deleted registry entries and reset the menus (as above)?

I believe the reason why the above has happened is because my ADXCommandBar objects have Temporary=False - I've now set my ADXCommandBar objects to Temporary=True.

BTW the add-in is configured to "Register For All Users". I have to do this because our MSI has to be run under the local administrator context due to Group Policy restrictions on our users.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance,

Phil
Posted 03 May, 2005 12:59:19 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Philip,

I am sure your problem is Word. It is a very mysterious application :-)

The main its features are that 1) Word stores command bars into its templates (normal.dot for example) and 2) Word stores command bars separatelly for each user when you register your add-in for all users.

Philip, as I remember there are several topics with Word related questions. I am sure that all topics created by Sven Heitmann (Thank you Sven!) are Word related.

For example http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=394

Posted 03 May, 2005 14:32:09 Top