Bug in UpdateTopics() method

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Bug in UpdateTopics() method

Ashim Mishra

Hi Team,

I am facing some issue with ADXRTDServerModule from few days. It throws object reference exception whenever we tries to call UpdateTopics(). I continued to check the root cause of it by exploring the AddinExpress source code. I figured out a potential cause of this is this piece of code:

public void UpdateTopics(){
if (Interlocked.Read(ref usingRefresh) == 0)

if (this.targetTopicIDs != null)
this.targetTopicIDs.Clear();

red

if (RootThreadId == Thread.CurrentThread.ManagedThreadId)
{
if (rtdUpdateEvent != null)
rtdUpdateEvent.UpdateNotify();
}
}}

I checked other overridden UpdateTopics method, there you are initializing the targetTopicsIds collection. But in this case you are directly adding the topics in a null collection.
I want to know if there is some other reason this collection has not been initialized(I did't find any other area where you are initializing that collection), if no then how much time it will take to fix this and rolling out a patch for this.
Posted 11 Oct, 2018 08:35:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Ashim,

Please make sure that you look in the source code of Add-in Express 9.1.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Oct, 2018 03:52:33 Top
Ashim Mishra

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for replying. I have checked the source code. It points to version 9.0.4610.0. [img]https://imgur.com/a/rrGTs92[/img].
Also can you send the latest source code in which this bug has been fixed. I also want to know what are the fixes and enhancement you guys have done in the latest version so that it will not break our current system. It will be good if you can send out a link which describes the diff of previous version and the latest version.

Cheers, Ashim
Posted 12 Oct, 2018 10:35:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Ashim,

Please install 9.1 to get the latest source code. As to the changelog, please see https://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-net/history.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Oct, 2018 04:34:52 Top