Outlook region is displayed outside of Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook region is displayed outside of Outlook

Patryk Konieczny

I use Outlook 2016, version 1808 (Build 10730.20088 Click-to-Run) 64-bit on Windows 10 and Add-in Express?Â?Ô?? Regions for Microsoft??? Outlook??? and VSTO (version 3.4.2440.2010).
Everything seemed to work well last few months, but today suddenly pane I was showing (ADXOlInspectorLayout.TopSubpane) appeared in upper left corner of the screen (outside of Outlook).
I found other topic describing the same problem (https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=15038). In this it was stated that workaround is to choose Optimize for Compatiblity, but I don't have any Display Settings in Outlook at all, so it does not help us in any way.
As it seems that fix for that was introduced in Add-in Express, is there a plan to release that in Regions as well? And if not - is there some other workaround?

EDIT: Also - I'm not sure if it is related, but just now I observed a message shown every time I open Outlook. Message goes: "Some components of <Addin name> don't support your current configuration Of Microsoft Outlook. Please contact the software vendor for more information"
Posted 12 Sep, 2018 06:40:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Patryk,

Please check other possibilities at https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=15128. As to Add-in Express Regions for Outlook and VSTO, we are going to publish this product in 3-5 weeks.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Sep, 2018 07:25:59 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Patryk Konieczny writes:
EDIT: Also - I'm not sure if it is related, but just now I observed a message shown every time I open Outlook. Message goes: "Some components of <Addin name> don't support your current configuration Of Microsoft Outlook. Please contact the software vendor for more information"

What you see is a reaction to the recent feature introduced in Office 2016: support of multiple monitors with different DPI settings. This feature isn't supported in the current Add-in Express Regions version.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 12 Sep, 2018 07:27:01 Top
Patryk Konieczny

Andrei Smolin writes:
As to Add-in Express Regions for Outlook and VSTO, we are going to publish this product in 3-5 weeks.

Andrei Smolin writes:
at you see is a reaction to the recent feature introduced in Office 2016: support of multiple monitors with different DPI settings. This feature isn't supported in the current Add-in Express Regions version.

Alright, I'll look into the workarounds then.
But - just to make sure I understand correctly - new version of Regions will be published in 3 to 5 weeks and it will contain fix region shown outside of Outlook and it will make the message go away?
Posted 12 Sep, 2018 07:33:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Patryk Konieczny writes:
just to make sure I understand correctly - new version of Regions will be published in 3 to 5 weeks and it will contain fix region shown outside of Outlook and it will make the message go away?

Exactly.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 12 Sep, 2018 07:36:13 Top
Patryk Konieczny

That's great news, thank you for your help.
Posted 12 Sep, 2018 07:39:50 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Patryk,

Add-in Express Regions for Outlook and VSTO, version 4 is published on the web site; see https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/outlook-regions.php.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 28 Sep, 2018 09:09:42 Top
Patryk Konieczny

Hi Andrew,
I'm afraid it seems not to be fixed 100%.
There is a the same problem when I try to open MailTo link and Outlook was not opened before.
So steps are like:
1. Load Outlook Add-in with Add-in Express form.
2. Close Outlook
3. Click MailTo link
4. NewMail Inspector opens - issue with the Add-in Express form is the same as described in the first post (form should be in TopSubpane, but it is shown outside of Outlook).

Do you have any idea what could cause that and how it can be fixed?
Posted 27 Nov, 2018 03:47:36 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Patryk,

I can't confirm the issue using AddinExpress.Outlook.Regions.dll version 4.1.

Please make sure your add-in references the AddinExpress.Outlook.Regions.dll version installed on your machine.

Also, you can try to install 4.1; see https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/outlook-regions.php.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Nov, 2018 07:21:22 Top
Patryk Konieczny

Alright, I managed to fix it. Seems like the issue was because I called "Hide()" in AdxFormLoad event. When I moved it to the constructor the problem is solved.
Posted 28 Nov, 2018 03:53:35 Top