Can adxregistrator be updated to have a installType=perUser or perMachine flag, that will override the registerForAllUsers flag?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Can adxregistrator be updated to have a installType=perUser or perMachine flag, that will override the registerForAllUsers flag?

Jonathan Gilpin

I want to create an installer that does both perUser and perMachine installations, but my understanding is that registerForAllUsers must be true for perMachine and false for perUser, which means I need two different dlls.

Is this true? If so, would it be possible to modify adxregistrator to have command line flag /installType=perUser or perMachine, which will propagate to the AddinExpress.Deployment.ADXRegistrator class and tell it to override the value it finds for registerForAllUsers in my AddinModule class? This would make life so much simpler, since I already have two custom actions for adxregistrator to pass /privileges=user or admin.

Maybe there's some other way to solve this problem?
Posted 24 Nov, 2016 23:47:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jonathan,

Please check section Dual-Purpose Installers at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-wix-setup.php#dual-purpose.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Nov, 2016 09:24:01 Top
Jonathan Gilpin

Thanks Andrei,

For anyone coming to this thread, there already is an adxregistrator.exe cmd line switch to determine a perUser or perMachine registry entries.

/scope="perMachine" or /scope="perUser".

I guess I'm still not sure what AddinModule.RegisterForAllUsers is needed for.

Jon
Posted 25 Nov, 2016 15:16:16 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jon,

Please check section Registration-time privileges at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-deploying-addins.php#extension-registered.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Nov, 2016 07:37:02 Top