There is a way to create a Outlook.Store on memory only?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

There is a way to create a Outlook.Store on memory only?

Desenvolvimento F?cil

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to create a Outlook.Store (normally a .pst file) only in memory.

I can create a .pst local file, but I can't find a way to create only in memory.

Add-in Express has some methods to help with this job?

Edit: Maybe this is the way to create a memory only ".pst" file:
User added an image

There's a way to register a new DataFile on Outlook?

Thanks.
Posted 19 Jul, 2016 14:43:42 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

Desenvolvimento F?cil writes:
Add-in Express has some methods to help with this job?

No, Add-in Express doesn't have such methods. I strongly believe this isn't possible because a message store is sort of database.

Why would you need to do this? What do you need to achieve? Please provide details; it is possible there are other ways.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Jul, 2016 01:33:54 Top
Desenvolvimento F?cil

Andrei Smolin writes:
No, Add-in Express doesn't have such methods. I strongly believe this isn't possible because a message store is sort of database.

Why would you need to do this? What do you need to achieve? Please provide details; it is possible there are other ways.

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for your anwser.

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a folder structure inside a Outlook.Store (must be a Outlook.Store or get displayed as one). I don't want to use the existing because synchronizes with the server (and I don't want this structure to be synchronized).

The structure will be rebuild every time I open Outlook. So I wouldn't need to store in a file. If I use the file, I have to always clean before rebuild the structure.

Maybe the file is the simplest/right way to do. I do not know for sure.
Posted 20 Jul, 2016 07:11:53 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You explain what you need to do. You don't explain why you need to do this.

What about showing a custom form displaying a tree? If this is what you need, you can show such a form e.g. below the Navigation Pane as shown at https://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-net/outlook-regions.php; search BottomNavigationPane.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Jul, 2016 07:54:19 Top