Decide SupportedApps at install time on x64 system

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Decide SupportedApps at install time on x64 system

rol

I let my customer decide in which office app the plugin should appear using the code mentioned there: http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=5132

This works fine on x86 (32bit) workstations, but seems to have a problem on any x64 system using 32bit MS Office. The addin is loaded all the time.

Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using Add-in-Express Version 7.3 Release (build 1213)

richard
Posted 25 Jun, 2013 04:33:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Richard,

I suppose there is (was) some incorrectness in the code and this results (ed) in creating the registry entry below and specifying LoadBehavior = 3 for every Office application:

{HKLM and HKCU}\Software\Microsoft\Office\{an Office application}\Addins\{your add-in}

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Jun, 2013 04:59:06 Top
rol

I suppose you meat the entry in the Wow6432Node subkey ({HKLM and HKCU}\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\{an Office application}\Addins\{your add-in} )? Should I rather delete the whole key or set the loadbehavior to an different value?

richard
Posted 25 Jun, 2013 06:34:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Richard,

I meant {HKLM and HKCU}\Software\Microsoft\Office\{an Office application}\Addins\{your add-in}.

Before deleting a key you must make sure that you can delete it safely. First, uninstall your add-in if it is installed. Then in the Delphi IDE, specify that your add-in supports all Office applications, register it and then unregister it. Then check if the add-in is mentioned in any of the Office applications that you need to support. Then check if any of the {HKLM and HKCU}\Software\Microsoft\Office\{an Office application}\Addins\{your add-in} keys exists; there should be no such kes.

If the issue occurs on a non-development PC, I would uninstall the add-in, modify it to support all required Office application, install it and uninstall it to clean the registry.

During all these manipulations, the code that modifies SupportedApps must be commented out.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Jun, 2013 07:02:10 Top