How to build the adxloader.MYADDINNAME.dll adxloader64.MYADDINNAME.dll on a build server?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How to build the adxloader.MYADDINNAME.dll adxloader64.MYADDINNAME.dll on a build server?
if i use msbuild to build the addin solution, the adxloader assembly is not created and not copied to out folder 
Dirk

Hallo
How to create the adxloader.XXX.dll assembly if I using msbuild?
Scenario: I use a build server where msbuild is running. The adxloader assembly is not created.
Or more generell: Where does the adxloader assembly come from what is needed to create one?
The documentation says: ... When a project is being rebuild or registered, the loader files are copied to the projects output directory ....
But when I use msbuild mysolution.sln /Target:Rebuild no file is copied.

What is the prefered way to set up a build server to build all ouput assemblies which could be registered with adxregister.exe?
Best regards,
Dirk
Posted 20 Mar, 2018 09:19:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dirk,

Loader files are located in the Loader folder of your project. You don't build them; they aren't created by building.

To get adxloader.dll and adxloader64.dll renamed to adxloader.myAddinName.dll and adxloader64.myAddinName.dll, add an XLL module to your project, and delete the XLL module just added. Make sure the project file and the loader files are writable.

Dirk Reu? writes:
But when I use msbuild mysolution.sln /Target:Rebuild no file is copied.

No Add-in Express code is loaded in this case there's no IDE.

Dirk Reu? writes:
What is the prefered way to set up a build server to build all ouput assemblies which could be registered with adxregister.exe?

Build the project and copy the rest of files to the output folder. Use a batch file to do all of such steps. You can google for best practices for your specific build server.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Mar, 2018 05:09:30 Top