Word 2007: Unknown spelling context menu?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Word 2007: Unknown spelling context menu?

Sergei Z

Hi
Word 2007:AddInModule: I am adding my own ADXContextMenu with my own AdxCommandBarButton (at design time) to Fields (ADXContextMenu.CommandBarName == "Fields").
It all works fine if my field has a space on the left and on the right.
If I right-Click on y Field I get context menu with my button appearing just fine in this case.

My problem starts when my field is in the middle of a sentence and does not have space(s) on the left (and/or right). Word's speelling kicks in and instead of my Fileds menu I get a menu with some spelling suggestions (or none) at the top, something like:

<<some spelling suggestions>>
---------------------------
Ignore
Ignore All
Add to Dictionary
----------------------
AutoCorrect
Language
Spelling
Lookup...
-----------------------
Cut
Copy
Paste

Now I know that if I click on Ignore All then this menu will not be Popping up again.
This is not a very nice workaround though as my end users can easily forget to do click "Ignore All" and instead keep Right-Clicking on my custom Field expecting my menu option to appear.
Questions:
1.Is it possible to customize this menu (not sure what it is called?) to add my CommandButton to it so it appears?
2.If not - how can I make sure that the menu above does not appear for my users when they are working with my documents (or ideally when they are above one of my custom Fields only)? I can identify my documents and fields.

Thanks
Sergei.
Posted 19 Sep, 2011 12:05:58 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Sergei,

You can find the name of that context menu using our free http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/mapi-store-events.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 19 Sep, 2011 12:42:23 Top
Sergei Z

Thanks,
I did have a look through all of them alreay, none is similar?

Can it be that it is build dynamically - certainly top part of it with spelling suggestions is dynamic...
I know it is not Grammar/Grammar(2)/Spelling they look completely different?
That's why I gave the whole menu withj all items above.

Anyway I could not find any menus which had "Ignore All" in them... :-(

My be other ideas?
Posted 19 Sep, 2011 15:36:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Sergei,

I've checked context menus in Word 2007. I believe the name of this context menu is "Spelling".

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Sep, 2011 01:54:34 Top