New user questions

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

New user questions
2 questions about ADX... 
Ryan Orlando

I have two questions?Â?Ð??
1) I already have an Outlook Add-in created in Visual Studio 2005 (Visual Basic). After installing Add-In Express .NET, can I incorporate that into my existing project?
2) Is Add-In Express .NET compatible with the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2005, again Visual Basic?

We are using Outlook 2003 SP2, .NET Framework 2.0, and Windows XP Pro SP2.
Posted 10 Apr, 2006 14:28:20 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan.

1. Yes, you can. Just create a new ADX COM Add-in project and move the existing code to this project.
2. Add-in Express .NET for VSTO will be published in a month.
Posted 10 Apr, 2006 18:27:11 Top
Ryan Orlando

Hi Sergey.
Sorry to return to this post again, but my next questions are related...
Relating to question one above, you say I can move the existing code to the new ADX COM Add-in project, but is it possible to add a COM Addin Module to the existing project and move from there? The reason I ask is because the original project was written using VSTO which makes it harder (at least for me) to move the code over. Which comes to my next question, any more information on when the ADD-in Express .NET for VSTO is coming out? Will it be a separate product?
Posted 02 May, 2006 11:19:43 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan.

Yes, you can add a COM Addin Module to the existing project.
Please use the 'COM Add-in Module' wizard in the 'Add New Item' dialog of Visual Studio.
Add-in Express .NET for VSTO is ready. It is a separate product. Now I am worknig on the setup project. It will be done in several days.
Posted 02 May, 2006 17:55:52 Top