Unable to hide inspector command bar?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to hide inspector command bar?
Setting Visible and Enable attributes to false does nothing? 
Diego Pazos

In the AddinStartupComplete event of my add-in I'm making certain decisions that result in the enabling/disabling of an Outlook inspector toolbar.

The toolbar has Enabled = true in design mode, and when I set it to Enabled = false in the aforementioned event, it temporarily seems to assign the correct value, but when the UI loads, the toolbar is visible again, and if I watch the values, both Visible and Enabled are true again.

Anything I'm doing wrong? Who is re-enabling the toolbar?
Posted 30 Aug, 2011 10:36:16 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Diego,

This is how Outlook works!;-)

What do you mean saying "when the UI loads"? Anyway, as a workaround you may try set the Visible property of your command bar to false in the InspectorActivate or NewInspector event handler. Does it help?
Posted 30 Aug, 2011 10:54:10 Top
Diego Pazos

I tried in both NewInspector and InspectorActivate, and none of them worked.

My current issue is that when I compose an Outlook email using Word, I get both the Outlook inspector toolbar and the regular commandbar, so I'd be fine hiding any of the two.

I tried hiding both of them from both of the events above and none of them work.
Posted 30 Aug, 2011 13:33:53 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Diego,

Did you try to debug? What code do you use for hiding command bars?
Posted 31 Aug, 2011 03:02:23 Top
Diego Pazos

As I said before, I tried doing
CommandBar.Enabled = False
CommandBar.Visible = False
both in the NewInspector and InspectorActivated events.

Do you need actual code?

And yes, I am debugging. When I set the properties, the values "stick" (ie, after assigning them, you can watch them and they are actually false), but when you query them during runtime, they are back to true.
Posted 31 Aug, 2011 08:42:48 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Diego,

Sorry, but I don't quite understand you. Could you please send a sample add-in project which can reproduce the issue to the support e-mail address for testing (see readme.txt for details)?
Posted 31 Aug, 2011 08:57:33 Top
Diego Pazos

Well, in making the example project you requested, it seems I've identified some inconsistent behaviour.
In my actual project, the inspector command bar does appear when I use word as the mail editor (which together with the regular command bar makes my toolbar duplicate), while in the test project it does not.
Is the inspector bar supposed to appear in the word mail window?
Posted 31 Aug, 2011 10:38:07 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Diego,

Of course, if you use the ADXOlInspectorCommandBar component for such task.
Posted 31 Aug, 2011 10:46:27 Top
Diego Pazos

Well, yes. I guess both toolbars are supposed to show up, but they don't always do.

Also, what I find most odd is that if you query the HostType from the CommandBar, it reports Word, and if you query it from the InspectorCommandBar, it displays Outlook, despite both toolbars being on the same window.
Posted 31 Aug, 2011 14:31:35 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Diego,

Sorry, but I don't quite understand you. Is the issue still alive?
Posted 01 Sep, 2011 02:48:39 Top