OnClick event handler?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

OnClick event handler?
No "OnClick" event handler in properties window 
Kim Martin

I just purchased Add-In Express and am using it with Visual Studio .Net 2003.

I am trying to do my first COM add-in with the wizard and I get to the point where it says to "To handle the button click select the added button and add the OnClick event handler in the Properties window". In the image it shows the OnClick area under Misc in the properties window.

I do not have the "OnClick" option in mine and I cannot find it anywhere. I also notice that the image in the tutorial shows a little lightning bolt icon that seems to be clicked. I do not have that icon in my properties window.

What am I missing or doing wrong? :?:
Posted 01 Apr, 2006 21:21:24 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Kim,

Add-in Express installs some examples on your hard drive. Please have a look at the "Outlook Property Page Demo solution" in the QDemo\VS XXX\Advanced\ subfolder.
Posted 02 Apr, 2006 15:12:04 Top
Kim Martin

I found the example for creating "Your First COM Add-in" using Visual Basic in the PDF documentation. The one on the website seems to be for using C#.

I am getting stuck where it tells me to do this:

To handle a button click event, select the added button in the
Properties window, and add the Click event handler.

Can someone expand on how I would add the Click event handler?

I am an extreme novice at Visual Studio .NET 2003. My background is in writing VBA projects in Word. I need to create a COM add-in for a project I am working on without being very knowledgeable in Visual Studio. I have signed up for classes on it later this month but I need this COM add-in developed before then so I am hoping Add-in Express will be what I need to get the job done for now.

Any help appreciated.

Kim
Posted 03 Apr, 2006 00:22:17 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Kim.

As far as I understand you use VB.NET to develop COM add-ins.
In VB.NET all event handlers are added a bit differently than in C#.
First you need to open the code editor of the addinmodule. You will see two combo boxes at the top of the window. Click on the left combobox and choose a component you need. Then click on the right one and you will be able to choose event(s) of the component.
Posted 03 Apr, 2006 11:52:48 Top
Kim Martin

Sergey,

Thank you! Found what you were talking about and belive I can figure out the rest from here.
Posted 03 Apr, 2006 12:55:55 Top
Eugene Starostin

Kim,

We capture our videos for VB.NET only. Please have a look at http://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-net/video.php to see how this can be done.
Posted 03 Apr, 2006 22:26:57 Top
Eugene Starostin

Posted 03 Apr, 2006 22:28:18 Top