Add-in causes strange behavior in excel - cannot scroll using mouse

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in causes strange behavior in excel - cannot scroll using mouse

Varun Gupta

Hi,

We are currently using Add-in Express 2010 for an Excel based COM Add-in for our product.

This issue is only happening on two computers at client site. They are both Windows 7 machines, have always been Windows 7 machines. This issue happens sporadically for one person, more often for another. When the add-in is enabled, there are issues within excel, any excel file. The scrolling using a mouse will stop working, and this will only work if you click in a cell and have it in edit mode. Otherwise, the scroll does not work. Now again, this does not happen all the time. Also, when you are trying to type into a cell, instead of typing, it will end up clicking on a random button at the top of your excel.

If they disable the add-in, the problem doesn't happen.

Can you please throw some insight on the issue.

PS: On client side previous versions of Add-in Express dlls are present. But I have also sometimes faced this issue with latest version of Add-in Express.
Posted 21 Jul, 2011 00:51:47 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Varun,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with a regular COM add-in project. Please make sure that you have all the latest service packs installed for Office, OS, .net framework and Visual Studio. Are you able to reproduce the issue with a newly created add-in project? If so, could you please send it to me for testing?

BTW Could you also specify the build number of Add-in Express you use?
Posted 21 Jul, 2011 06:54:41 Top
Varun Gupta

Hi,

There are no such steps for reproducing the above mentioned issue.As I mentioned earlier this issue occur only in some machines and that too inconsistent manner. It seems to me that this issue is due to some excel setting or OS configuration. If you or some body else have faced this issue can you and analysed it can you please upd ate me on these se tting so that we can also verify the same on our client end.

Thanks
Posted 25 Jul, 2011 00:48:53 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Varun,

Unfortunately I have never seen such issue before. Please make sure that you have all the latest service packs installed for Office, OS, .net framework and Visual Studio.
Posted 25 Jul, 2011 10:05:34 Top