Difference between AddinInitialize and Outlook events?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Difference between AddinInitialize and Outlook events?

Esteban Astudillo

The AddinModule exposes two events: AddinInitialize and AddinStartupComplete. Similarly, the ADXOutlookEvents exposes a Startup event.

When would you use one or the other? Any recommendations on which one use?

I know that AddinStartupComplete is triggered after AddinInitialize, but other than that I?Â?Ð?ém not sure how to take advantage of these events. Is there a document where I can answer all these questions?
Posted 29 Mar, 2006 16:32:56 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Esteban.

1. The AddinInitialize event occurs when an add-in starts but controls have not been connected/created yet (here you can add any ADX toolbars/controls and ADX will create them in a host application automatically).
2. The AddinStartupComplete event occurs when an add-in starts and controls have already been connected/created (here you can any ADX toolbars/controls and ADX will create them in a host application immediately or you can initialize controls depending on a condition).
3. The Startup event occurs when an add-in connects to Outlook application events. This event is fired after the AddinStartupComplete event (here you can perform any Outlook specific code).

Posted 30 Mar, 2006 14:02:42 Top