Is it possible to subclass ADXAddinModule

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Is it possible to subclass ADXAddinModule

Allan Nørgaard Rasmussen

I have a project where several addins need to be written and have a large amount of common functionality. I would like to derive an abstract class from AddinExpress.MSO.ADXAddinModule with my additional features and then use that as the base class for my addins.

However even without making the class abstract it does not work. The designer gives the error red and the addin fails to load. SharepointConnectedAddinModule is my derived class.

Is i possible, and if so: how?
Posted 30 Jun, 2011 04:06:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Allan,

I think this occurs because we didn't expect using that class in this way and, accordingly, we didn't test this scenario. Note that you can use partial classes to add your functionality to the add-in module. What do you think?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 30 Jun, 2011 07:05:47 Top
Allan Nørgaard Rasmussen

I'm not quite sure that partial classes will cover this scenario - I'm trying to share code between a couple of related projects, so the abstract class and the concrete classes would not be in the same assembly.

But thanks for the prompt answer. Any chance you would consider supporting that scenario in future versions of Add-in Express?
Posted 30 Jun, 2011 08:04:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Allan,

To answer your question we need to understand the scenario in depth. Can you please provide more details? I suggest that you send me an email; please find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. And make sure your email contains a link to this topic. Is this possible?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 30 Jun, 2011 10:23:37 Top
Allan Nørgaard Rasmussen

I'll try to have a write-up of what we are trying to do put together and mailed to you.

Thanks.
Posted 01 Jul, 2011 02:17:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Allan,

Thank you in advance.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 01 Jul, 2011 04:38:37 Top