Popup dialog

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Popup dialog
How to do a Popup dialog box in a OL meeting request (inspector) 
d henderson

I am developing VB.net application (using Add-In Express) where I need to pop up a dialog box (having several TextBox objects) to accept information from a user when the user is filling out a Outlook Meeting request.

I managed to create a PropertyPage dialog box but I can't figure out how to make it appear when in the meeting request page.
Can you give details or a sample?

Thanks - DH.
Posted 20 Mar, 2006 21:47:18 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi.

It is simply. You need to use the ADXOlInspectorCommandBar component to add a new command bar with a button to the Meeting Request items. Then set the ItemTypes property of the ADXOlInspectorCommandBar component to MeetingRequest. You can display the dialog in the button event handler.
Posted 21 Mar, 2006 13:32:08 Top
d henderson

Sergey,

My question is:

Does the dialog (I wish to pop up) have to be a Addin-Express PropertyPage dialog (if so, how do I .Show it?)
-OR- can it simply be a windows form (created via
FILE->Add New Item->Windows Form ?

Note: I actually tried this with a regular Windows Form. Trying to '.Show' the windows form in the button click handler crashes Addin-Express in Outlook.

Thx - Don.
Posted 21 Mar, 2006 15:20:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Don.

You can download an example using the link below.
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/meetingrequestexample.zip
This example contains an ADX property page and windows form. You can choose a variant that is more suitable for you.
Posted 22 Mar, 2006 06:16:12 Top