Hide / show toolbar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Hide / show toolbar

Thomas Grossen

Hello,

I would like to hide / show my toolbar in certain conditions. It is strange that even I set the Visible property to false, my toolbar is always displayed.

I read that in the VCL version of ADX, they is an OnBeforeAdd event with a cancel argument that permit to cancel the display of a toolbar (http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=746). I did not find this event in my .NET version.

What is the solution? Do I need to create the toolbar programmatically in the AddinModule_AddinInitialize event?

Thank you.
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 08:19:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Thomas, what Office application do you develop an add-in for?
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 08:30:56 Top
Thomas Grossen

Sorry,

I am developping an Outlook Add-in. But the hide or Show toolbar is depending if Word is the email editor.

Thanks.

Thomas
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 08:33:46 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Do you use the InspectorActivate event handler to show/hide the command bar?
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 08:45:03 Top
Thomas Grossen

No. Actually I just tried to show / hide setting the Visible property to true or false at design time, but it does not work; the toolbar is always visible.

I also tried to set the property in the adxOutlookEvents_NewInspector event, but it is the same problem.

It works to hide or show Specifics Item on the toolbar, but not the whole toolbar.

Thomas.
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 08:52:38 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Thomas, the point is that ADX manages ADXOlExplorerCommandBar and ADXOlInspectorCommandBar components via the ItemTypes property. You need to use the InspectorActivate event handler to hide/show command bars manually in the code.
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 09:02:46 Top
Thomas Grossen

ok, I understand. It worked.

Thanks again :)

Thomas.
Posted 27 Feb, 2006 09:08:49 Top