Unable to find source file Redistributables\adxregistrator.exe', located in '[TARGETDIR]' on VS2010 on 64-bit Windows 7

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to find source file Redistributables\adxregistrator.exe', located in '[TARGETDIR]' on VS2010 on 64-bit Windows 7

Garry Lowther

I am trying to build a setup project for an Office Add-In on VS2010 on 64-bit Windows 7 and getting these errors:

Unable to find source file 'C:\Program Files\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables\adxregistrator.exe' for file 'adxregistrator.exe', located in '[TARGETDIR]', the file may be absent or locked.

Unable to find source file 'C:\Program Files\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Bin\Extensibility.dll' for assembly 'Extensibility.dll', located in '[TARGETDIR]'

How can I resolve this?
Posted 17 Feb, 2011 04:09:17 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Garry,

It looks like a setup project was generated on the x86 machine and then was opened on the x64 Windows 7. Am I right? The difference between the x86 and x64 operating systems is the name of Program files folder used for Add-in Express files. There are two Program files folders on the x64 machime:

* Program files // is used on the x86 platform
* Program files (x86) // is used on the x64 platform

That is why you need to correct the path to the missed files in your setup project.

FYI Also as a workaround you can create a corresponding folder in the Program files folder with missed files (also known as a mirror;-). That way you don't need to modify the setup project.
Posted 17 Feb, 2011 06:45:45 Top