Ways to indicate that an email has been through a custom process

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Ways to indicate that an email has been through a custom process

Robert Harrison

All,

I'm very new to all this and I have to say that I have found the Add-In-Express tools fantastic. However I have now come to a problem. I'm basically adding emails to a document management system and I would like some (easy) way to indicate that an email has been added.

My preference is to place a tick on the email icon in Outlook (2003,2007,2010) but from what I have read this is not very easy. Please tell me if there is a way to do this.

The other alternative is to assign the email to an exisiting category for example the green category. However I can't see in the documentation how to do this. Any pointers on this would be greatfully appreciated.

Robert
Posted 21 Jan, 2011 10:59:06 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Robert,

My preference is to place a tick on the email icon in Outlook (2003,2007,2010) but from what I have read this is not very easy. Please tell me if there is a way to do this.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot where you want to see a tick on the e-mail?

To store your custom data you can use:

1. The UserProperties property of the MailItem class to store your custom data, flags and etc.
2. The Categories property of the MailItem class in Outlook.

To get assistance with host applications?Â?Ð?é objects, their properties, and methods as well as help info, use the Object Browser. Go to the VBA environment (in the host application, choose menu Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor or just press {Alt+F11}), press {F2}, select the host application in the topmost combo and/or specify a search string in the search combo. Select a class /property /method and press {F1} to get the help topic that relates to the object.
Posted 21 Jan, 2011 11:47:00 Top