Using Visual C# 2008 Express to deploy Outlook plugin

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Jeremy Swensen

I have Add-In-Express 2010 that I recently purchased. It has saved me a ton of time already! Thank you.

I have finally completed a Microsoft Outlook Plugin that will run on versions 2003, 2007 and 2010.

I'm now trying to bundle the plugin with some other software and deploy both of them. I have read the blog postings and watched the videos regarding the clickonce and MSI deployment options that Add-In-Express support, but I do not see how I will be able to do that with my current setup.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition (9.0.30729.1 SP 1). I believe this version can publish a project using the clickonce technology, but I do not see that as an option on any of the menus. If the express edition doesn't support it can I use another windows installer like InstallerJammer? Or is there possibly a way to manually build the installation? I was able to find instructions on how to do that.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks again for such a great product.

Jeremy.
Posted 20 Oct, 2010 16:32:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Jeremy,

Add-in Express 2010 for Office and .NET support ClickOnce deployment in VS 20XX Express; please see section ClickOnce Deployment in {Add-in Express}\Docs\adxnet.pdf on your PC. Also, if you choose to create .MSI projects, you'll need to read section Creating Setup Projects Manually.

Thank you for the kind words!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Oct, 2010 05:22:46 Top