Using Visual C# 2008 Express to deploy Outlook plugin

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Jeremy Swensen

I have Add-In-Express 2010 that I recently purchased. It has saved me a ton of time already! Thank you.

I have finally completed a Microsoft Outlook Plugin that will run on versions 2003, 2007 and 2010.

I'm now trying to bundle the plugin with some other software and deploy both of them. I have read the blog postings and watched the videos regarding the clickonce and MSI deployment options that Add-In-Express support, but I do not see how I will be able to do that with my current setup.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition (9.0.30729.1 SP 1). I believe this version can publish a project using the clickonce technology, but I do not see that as an option on any of the menus. If the express edition doesn't support it can I use another windows installer like InstallerJammer? Or is there possibly a way to manually build the installation? I was able to find instructions on how to do that.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks again for such a great product.

Jeremy.
Posted 20 Oct, 2010 16:32:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Jeremy,

Add-in Express 2010 for Office and .NET support ClickOnce deployment in VS 20XX Express; please see section ClickOnce Deployment in {Add-in Express}\Docs\adxnet.pdf on your PC. Also, if you choose to create .MSI projects, you'll need to read section Creating Setup Projects Manually.

Thank you for the kind words!

Regards from Belarus (GMT+2),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Oct, 2010 05:22:46 Top