Log file location

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Log file location
Logfilelocation not being honoured by adxregistrator.exe 
Jacob Vestergaard

Hi ADX-team,

After having upgraded to ADX 2010 for .NET and therefore using adxregistrator.exe to register the add-in, the log files (adxloader.log and adxregistrator.log) end up in the "Documents\Add-in Express" folder instead of the one set by the <logFileLocation> element of the adxloader.dll.manifest (the expanded version of %AppData%\ProductName\).

How to control these two files' placement with the new registrator?

Thanks in advance.
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 03:11:00 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Jacob,

1. The adxloader.log file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <assemblyIdentity name="MyAddin19, PublicKeyToken=0618262f3304592e" />
  <loaderSettings generateLogFile="true" shadowCopyEnabled="true" privileges="user" configFileName="app.config">
	<logFileLocation>D:I11</logFileLocation>
  </loaderSettings>
</configuration>

Please see the logFileLocation tag in the manifest file.

2. The adxregistrator.log file:

/install="MyAddin19.dll" /privileges=user /log="D:\11111\adxregistrator.log"

You just need to add the log key to the Arguments property of your custom actions.

Also I have created a http://www.add-in-express.com/files/projects_pub/adxloader_adxregistrator_custom_place.zip and uploaded it to our web site.
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 06:21:29 Top
Jacob Vestergaard

Hi Eugene,

Thank you, I hadn't been able to find the adxregistrator.log file argument!

However, one issue remains: I have changed both log files' location to the application folder, but still an empty folder called Add-in Express is created under My Documents (Documents on W7). This is where the adxregistrator.log resided before (and yes, I did delete it before reinstalling :) )

How can that be?
Posted 17 Oct, 2010 05:48:34 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Jacob,

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the issue you described above on my PC. Please try to install the latest build of http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet.php.

Please let me know whether it works for you.
Posted 18 Oct, 2010 08:55:28 Top