what does adxregistrator exactly do?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

what does adxregistrator exactly do?

Stan S

I have an end client who is a major European company. They maintain very tight security in their offices and we have very limited ability to debug any problems with them (they only allow a sale rep on their grounds, and we couldn't make agreement to do remote desktop with them).

They use an add-in developed with ADX for .NET, version 5.2
It all worked well until some users migrated to Office 2010. At this point, their IT stuff reported that the addin doesn't work with it. Whereas I will be migrating the plugin to ADX 2010, the IT stuff of the end user had requested that they would like to have "more controls" on registering the add-in - for example, they asked us to "register the DLL COM server explicitly in MSI rather than run self-register process" so that they could tweak the MSI.

I bet they won't be happy with adxregistrator.exe being a black box (and unmanaged one as far as I can understand!), so can we please work on it somehow (disclose what adxregistrator.exe do, ... ?)

Thank you in advance,

Stan
Posted 16 Sep, 2010 16:53:40 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Stan,

Do the users use Office 2010 x64? Please note that only beta support for Office 2010 was added in Add-in Express 2009. Also you may be interested in the http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386106.aspx article in MSDN.

FYI You can upgrade your package to Premium and then get access to the sources of adxregistrator.exe. Please use the http://www.add-in-express.com/purchase/version-upgrade.php?family=net&type=latest-version section of our web site.
Posted 17 Sep, 2010 06:19:10 Top
Stan S

Hi Eugene,
Actually I do have a Premium license, but can't see sources of adxregistrator.exe under C:\Program Files\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Sources
Posted 17 Sep, 2010 13:59:12 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Stan,

Could you please send your registration code to the support e-mail address?
Posted 18 Sep, 2010 03:53:43 Top