Saving Mails Programmatically

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Saving Mails Programmatically

Hello,

I am writing an add-in which should save a mail to a local folder. However, accessing the body of mail or using SaveAs method does not work in Outlook XP without security warnings. Add-in also needs to send email as well, which also generates a security warning.

Is there a solution for them other than using redemption?

Best wishes,
Koray.
Posted 04 Jan, 2006 17:00:24 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Koray.

You can use our the Outlook Security Manager .NET component to disable the security warnings.
http://www.add-in-express.com/outlook-security/
Posted 04 Jan, 2006 17:09:55 Top

Great! I would like to ask a couple of questions about it.

1.Would I be able integrate the security manager to my project easily, without changing the structure of my code? I have to use it on 2 add-ins that is almost complete.

2. Would it disable all security popups in Outlook 2000, XP(2002) and 2003 for all service packs? (at least for SP2 and SP3)? Especially Outlook 2002 proved to be very problematic about it.

Posted 05 Jan, 2006 04:13:50 Top

One more thing.

If i have to give the source code for my add-in(that uses security manager) to someone else, will he be able to modify/recompile the code without installing/purchasing security manager? He will not be interested in the security module, but change the add-in implementation when he wishes.

Thanks for al
Koray.
Posted 05 Jan, 2006 05:04:12 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Koray.

1.Would I be able integrate the security manager to my project easily, without changing the structure of my code?

Yes. Please look at the simple examples on the following web page:
http://www.add-in-express.com/outlook-security/

Would it disable all security popups in Outlook 2000, XP(2002) and 2003 for all service packs?

Yes.

If i have to give the source code for my add-in(that uses security manager) to someone else, will he be able to modify/recompile the code without installing/purchasing security manager?

He will be able to modify/recompile the code but he will not be able to run the application without installing/purchasing security manager. In this case I would advise you to use the conditional compilation to exclude the security manager code from the application if it is built by another developer.

Posted 06 Jan, 2006 09:16:05 Top