Older Version of Word

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Older Version of Word
Any issues using add-in exp in old versions of Word? 

Hi,

I just discovered your product on the Internet this morning and it's exactly what I've been looking for so I'm pretty excited about buying it. However, I just wanted to be sure about something: The project I have been assigned will be written in C#, will be a Word toolbar and one of the buttons may make use of the regexp classes in the regularexpressions.dll assembly. I just want to be 100% sure that users of the add-in who will be using Word 2000 or later will not run into any issues installing or using it. Also, will the users need to install anything special besides the add-in. I'm a beginner at COM add-ins so please excuse the novice questions. Thanks very much in advance.
Posted 30 Dec, 2005 15:23:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi.

Add-in Express .NET supports Office 2000, 2002 and 2003. You can be absolutely sure that the add-in will work in all versions of Office.
In order to install an ADX based add-in on the user's PC you need to have .NET Framework v.1.1 or v2.0 installed on the PC. Also, the Add-in Express Wizard will automatically generate a new setup project in Visual Studio with all necessary dependencies. The following assemblies are required for ADX based add-ins:
1. Extensibility.dll
2. Office.dll (v.7.0.3300.0)
3. stdole.dll
4. AddinExpress.MSO.dll
Posted 30 Dec, 2005 20:21:09 Top