???Outlook Add-in uses 50% CPU after displaying dialog??

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

???Outlook Add-in uses 50% CPU after displaying dialog??
debug stops at AddinExpress.Extensions.x811242d1f1741667.SendMessage 
Christian Bakke

Hi

I see that a similar problem has been reported already, and I'm using the title from that post as my own (sorry about that, but I did not find a "reply" button.
We have a large addin, which in our test enviroment works 99,7% perfect. The .3% is hangs or locks which of which some possibly are caused by Outlook itself. Others we suspect is this bug.

This would not be a problem if we were to use the software ourselves. Unfortunately at our biggest client these hangs occur every 20 minutes or so. Even when the solution has been left untouched for some time.

We use the forms manager as mentioned in the post which I'm borrowing the title from. As far as I could tell from the posting you had plans to make a patch for this (topic posted november 2009). Is this patch available? We are currently using version: 5.2.3604.

Please help us with this! Our customer do not wish to put the system into production until the issue has been resolved.

-Christian
Posted 07 Jun, 2010 17:38:45 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Christian,

How can I reproduce the issue you described? Could you reproduce the issue with a newly created add-in project?

BTW Please try installing a fresh build of Add-in Express. I have just sent you an e-mail with a link for download.
Posted 08 Jun, 2010 04:21:16 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Christian,

Can you please tell me if installing the latest Add-in Express build has solved the problem?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Jun, 2010 08:23:34 Top