Toy Add-in does not load

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Toy Add-in does not load

John Murray

I am trying to run the toy add-in. I loaded the wdtoyssetup_vcs.msi program. The ADX Word Toys .NET (C#) program appears in the add/remove programs list.

I started MS Word and found no new toolbar. I right clicked on the toolbar section of Word, expecting to see a new tool bar labeled "ADX Word Toys" but found no new toolbars.

I loaded the Excel C# add-in and the Word VB add-in with the same results.

I am running MS Office 2003 on Windows XP SP2, MS Word version 11.0, build 6568.

When I bring up the available COM Add-ins, ADX Word Toys is not listed.
I plan to use VStudio .NET 2003 once I purchase the product.

It looks like a great product, but I cannot get the sample to run. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted 08 Dec, 2005 16:02:47 Top
John Murray

Follow-up: I should have mentioned that I closed MS Word and outlook before installing. I also rebooted the machine following installation and uninstalled the add-ins and reinstalled them to no availl.
Posted 08 Dec, 2005 16:21:36 Top
Brad Smith

John, the demo installer only installs the source files that allow you to *build* the sample add-in once you have the ADX package installed. It's not an actual working sample. I was rather confused by the same thing.

The problem with .NET assemblies is that if you get the required assembly DLL to run a sample (the actual ADX.NET DLL), then you have most of the information you need to make your own projects, without having paid for the assembly.

I know the ADX folks have been pondering some way to have a *working* sample that you can freely download without "giving away the store". In the meantime, they offer a 30-day guarantee so you can buy a license, play with it for 30 days and if you decide you don't like it, they'll refund.

Brad.
Posted 08 Dec, 2005 20:32:49 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi John, Brad.

Brad, thank you for the detailed reply.
Posted 09 Dec, 2005 07:57:50 Top