Show WebViewPane for one folder only

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Show WebViewPane for one folder only
Trying to show WebViewPane for a single folder by setting FolderName but still showing for all folders 
Ryan Farley

I have an addin with an ADX Form set to ExplorerLayout = WebViewPane that I only want to show for a certain folder. I set the FolderName property to my folder's full name ("Personal Folders\MyFolder" and also tried just "MyFolder") but the addin still shows for all folders.

Not sure what I might have missed. Anything I should look at?

Any sample projects doing this on the website? (I looked but didn't see any)

Thanks.
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 11:22:38 Top
Ryan Farley

Testing some more and I found that when Outlook opens to the Inbox my WebViewPane is not shown (which is how I am expecting it to work). Then I select my "MyFolder" folder and the WebViewPane does show (which is how I am expecting it to work). However, then I click back to Inbox, or any other folder, and the WebViewPane does not go away.
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 13:17:12 Top
Ryan Farley

Take that back. The WebViewPane appears when I click to *any* folder after Outlook opens. Outlook initially opens in Inbox and no WebViewPane, then I click to any folder, not just the one defined in the FolderName property, and the WebViewPane appears.
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 13:30:38 Top
Ryan Farley

A little closer now.

I had apparently set the ExplorerItemItems to Mail. I cleared that (so now ExplorerItemTypes is empty). However, now I do get the WebViewPane as expected when I click the folder I have set in the FolderName property. But now any other folder, besides Inbox does not show the normal items or my WebViewPane.

Here is a recording of my screen showing this: http://www.screencast.com/t/YWNhODZjNG

Thanks.
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 15:24:54 Top
Ryan Farley

I removed the form region and ADX form manager completely from my addin. Somehow *all* of the folders in Outlook got stuck with this:

User added an image

I had to go through and click "Restore Defaults" on every folder to get rid of that. Not sure how that happened.

I added my form region stuff back in (after restoring the defaults on all folders) and things seem to be working correctly for now. I'll post back if I find otherwise after looking more.
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 18:21:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan,

If you need WebViewPne to be shown for a single folder, you need to specify that folder in the FolderName property and make sure that you don't choose anyhting in ExplorerItemTypes. Note that context-specific properties of ADXOlFormsCollectionItem use AND. So, specifying several context-specific properties at once INCREASES the number of folders for which the form will be shown.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Apr, 2010 04:44:21 Top