"Regenerating" interop.outlook.dll strong name

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

"Regenerating" interop.outlook.dll strong name

Brad Smith

Uh oh. I wanted to tweak the supplied Interop.Outlook.dll to implement the fix described in

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309336

Then I couldn't build because the registration code complained of a strong name validation failure. After messing with that for a while, I decided to just restore the original DLL (the one you provide with the OLToys sample).

Alas, it *still* won't build. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to fix this. I'm going to try nuking the entire project and restoring from an earlier backup, but somehow I don't have a warm'n'tingly feeling about this.

Any suggestions?
Brad.
Posted 24 Nov, 2005 13:39:42 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Brad.

The fact is that the Interop.Outlook.dll assembly from the ADX Toys installation is a strong named assembly.
What exactly error message do you get after you have referenced to our wrapper that we provide with the ADX Toys installation?

Also, you can copy the Interop.Outlook.dll assembly from the ADX Toys installation to the add-in Output folder and then make a reference to this assembly. It should help.
Posted 25 Nov, 2005 14:23:21 Top
Brad Smith

Hi Sergey. I managed to recover by using gacutil to manually re-register the original DLL in the GAC.

I'm trying to get at the ApplicationClass object. It has access to some properties I'd like to use that aren't available from the normal Application object. But the truth of the situation is I can probably live without these properties, since they're mostly diagnostic, or attempt to use late binding. I may poke at that for a while. It'll be a good learning experience anyway. :-)

So for now, all is well with respect to this particular question.

Brad.
Posted 25 Nov, 2005 14:36:59 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Ok. I hope you have referenced to the Interop.Office.dll and Office.dll assemblies in your project. These assemblies are required for add-ins too.
Posted 25 Nov, 2005 15:22:58 Top
Brad Smith

Yep, those are fine. It's just the Outlook one I was interested in.
Posted 25 Nov, 2005 15:57:52 Top