Unable to get RTD Servers to work

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to get RTD Servers to work

Chris Schirlinger

I am having issues getting a RTD Server to run

Using VS 2005, .NET 2.0 both release. Using MS Excel 2002

Although the demos, projects automatically created, heck, even stuff I wrote myself all compile fine and without errors, I am unable to get anything other than #N/A show up in the Excel Spread sheets

Is there a "installable, self registering, comes with Excel spread sheet with the fields already filled" demo somewhere on the site I could use to test to see if this even WORKS on my machine?

Alternativly, is there a step I could be missing between Compileing the demos and running Excel (with a RTD field)

Posted 22 Nov, 2005 23:21:28 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Chris.

Did you register the RTD Server via 'Register ADX Project' option of the project context menu?
Posted 23 Nov, 2005 05:28:55 Top
Chris Schirlinger

Yes, I was trying that (and tried again, it takes a little while ~10 seconds before popping up a box saying it is successful)

However, the RTD connection from Excel still doesn't work

How can I be sure I am using the correct ProgID? Or Topic? Of even if the registration was a success in the first place?

edit: I checked the registery, the DLL is registered correctly has far as I can see. mscoree.dll has c:\windows\system in front of it to fix that issue, the ProgID is exactly what I am using (to be safe I copy/pasted) and the Topic is the same as in the code...

At a loss now...
Posted 23 Nov, 2005 17:17:18 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Chris.

Could you send me the project? I will check it.
Posted 24 Nov, 2005 05:18:46 Top