Keyboard Events

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Keyboard Events

I have modified the outlook context menu, but I want the new added button to be visible when the user holds down the ctrl key and clicks rigth mouse button.

So, is there a way to check the state of ctrl(or any) key in c#?

Note that I do not want to catch the keypressed event (i do not have a windows form either), I just want to check the state of the key whenever code execution reaches some point (when i catch the rigth mouse click).

Thanks,
Serhat.
Posted 19 Nov, 2005 10:52:22 Top

Hi,

(Unfortunately for me) I have to extend the question.

I am trying to capture the rigth-click event in the outlook 2000 add-in so that i can create and display a menu similar to outlook context menu if the ctrl key is down when the rigth click occured. Menu should be displayed only if the active application is outlook.

Any suggestions for this?

I am planning to use an invisible form that will be created when the add-in loads.
Would that be a good approach, or should I listen to the rigth-click event globally?

If yes, how?

Thanks in advance.

Serhat.

Posted 20 Nov, 2005 08:21:24 Top

Hi,

I have finally managed to implement a code that cathces the rigth click and ctrl key combination, and consumes it before outlook responds to it with displaying its context menu.

I will finalize it and give a link.

serhat.
Posted 21 Nov, 2005 04:43:41 Top

Hi Serhat,

how did you change the outlook context menu could you put a snippet of code on how to do this please.

Would relly appreciate it

Thanks

James
Posted 21 Nov, 2005 05:04:24 Top