CommandbarPopup control

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

CommandbarPopup control

Is there a trick to catch the click event of a commandbarpopup control?
Or is there another commandbar control that can contain child controls in similar fashion, but with the ability to catch the click event?

Aim is to make some modifications to the buttons under this control before popup is expanded. Buttons should be dynamicly created,depending on the selected outlook folder. But the user will not press the popupbutton each time after switching folders, there is no point in catching every change on folder and modifying the menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Serhat

Posted 08 Nov, 2005 09:52:15 Top

A little off the topic, but related to the general problem:

I have checked the net and found out that outlook context menu modifications in OL2000 has a common problem, having the modification appear only once. (I have cheked the sample sergei has given, but encountered the same problem) . Has anybody found a solution for it?

If yes, I will not need a popup control.

Thanks,
Serhat.
Posted 08 Nov, 2005 10:00:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Serhat.

Is there a trick to catch the click event of a commandbarpopup control? Or is there another commandbar control that can contain child controls in similar fashion, but with the ability to catch the click event?

No, there is no way to catch this event.

But the user will not press the popupbutton each time after switching folders, there is no point in catching every change on folder and modifying the menu.

Yes, correct but you can use the Visible property of the controls to hide/show the controls you need. Of course you will have to create all controls beforehand.

(I have cheked the sample sergei has given, but encountered the same problem)

This is a known issue in Outlook 2000.
Posted 08 Nov, 2005 10:39:03 Top

Ok, thanks Sergey (Sorry for misspelling in previous ones.)
Posted 08 Nov, 2005 12:45:49 Top
Baiju

Hi Serhat,

Reset the commandbar (pTempbar->Reset()) before adding the context menu item. I hope it will solve your problem, but if you click a mail item with attachemt, after selecting a mail item without attachment, outlook crashes.

I am trying to get a solution for that, but not getting...

can you help me?

Thanks in advance

email : baijukj@cdactvm.in
Posted 09 Nov, 2005 05:11:25 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Posted 09 Nov, 2005 13:36:13 Top

Sergey,

Do you mean the sample olitemscontextmenu.zip works smooth on outlook 2000? (i am confused)

Regards,
Serhat.
Posted 15 Nov, 2005 12:48:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

No. Outlook 2000 has a bug that doesn't allow to use the CommandBarsUpdate event.
Posted 16 Nov, 2005 06:45:05 Top