Word 2007, Original context menu

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Word 2007, Original context menu
modifying/change in the original contect menu 
Ronni Marker

Am playing around to see what is possible for my new project. And I was wondering if there is an easy way to modify the current contextmenu i word - ie the on you see when you rightclick on a blank area in the text field?

What I wanted to try was to add a new menu point in the excisting context menu, but am alittle blank if this would be possible with Add-In Express. -

Well I know Add-In Express is like a magic wand so I am pretty sure it is possible, but still need to study the spell book properly for this here.

Cheers,
Ronni
Posted 18 Dec, 2009 08:34:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Ronni,

You need to use the context menu component - just find the corresponding command in the context menu of the add-in module designer surface.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Dec, 2009 06:25:58 Top
Ronni Marker

Hi Andrei,
Well yes, i got that far.

But fx. in Winforms I would have Control.contextmenu = blabla;

But I havent been able to find anything similar to modify the existing context menu in Word as I don't want to replace it, but merely add a hmm field to the existing one when you right click on the word text field.
Posted 23 Dec, 2009 01:41:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Ronni,

The ADXContextMenu component is designed to add custom commands to the specified context menu, not to replace the built-in context menu.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 23 Dec, 2009 06:41:21 Top
Ronni Marker

Ah okay. well didnt get it to work as I intended., so redesigned the whole function instead.

Thanks anyway :)

Ronni
Posted 24 Dec, 2009 08:53:31 Top
Ronni Marker

Andrei,
I did manage to get the context to show in Outlook. Word was another matter. Did the same as in Outlook, Changed to Word, but it didnt show.

Anyway, for Outlook, does the ADXContextMenu component work in the "New Mail" window? Its working quite straight forward in the main Outlook Window, but beside that nothing.

I ended up using the Ribbon instead of going with the AdxContextMenu for the Word part, so not really important for me anymore.

Cheers,
Ronni
Posted 25 Dec, 2009 08:03:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Ronni,

Anyway, for Outlook, does the ADXContextMenu component work in the "New Mail" window? Its working quite straight forward in the main Outlook Window, but beside that nothing.

If the "New Mail" window is the inspector window showing a new/existing e-mail, then no, ADXContextMenu doesn't work in that window. That's because the Outlook object model doesn't provide a way to customize a context menu in such a window.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 04 Jan, 2010 06:38:31 Top