How can I cancel the Outlook Reminder window?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How can I cancel the Outlook Reminder window?

Thomas Grossen

I would like to cancel the Outook reminder window if it is a taskItem reminder (and display another window).

I understood the adxOutlookEvents_Reminder event, but I dont knowhow to disable the window.

This may explain better :) :

Private Sub adxOutlookEvents_Reminder(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal item As Object) Handles adxOutlookEvents.Reminder

If (TypeOf item Is Outlook._TaskItem) And (item.Owner() = "me") Then
            ' Do not show the standard window
        Else
            ' Display default reminder window
        End If

End Sub

Thank you
Posted 21 Oct, 2005 12:20:59 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Thomas.

If you mark an item as "Complete" in the Reminder event handler then the standard Reminder dialog will not appear.
Posted 21 Oct, 2005 17:07:23 Top
Thomas Grossen

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, this works for tasks items.

But I need to do the same for Appointments Items (in this case, I want to display another reminder window). I have tried to set the "ReminderSet" to False in the Reminder event handler, but this will display the standard window for 2 sec and then it disappears... This is not what I want.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

Posted 23 Oct, 2005 04:32:15 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Thomas.

What version of Outlook do you use?
The point is that, Outlook XP and 2003 have the Reminders collection. This collection has some events that can be probably useful for you. E.g. the BeforeReminderShow event allows you to cancel the standard reminder dialog. I think that I should add this events to the next build of Add-in Express.
Posted 24 Oct, 2005 06:30:12 Top
Thomas Grossen

Hi Sergey,

I am using Outlook 2003, but I would like the add-in also work in previous versions (but this is not primordial).

A "BeforeReminderShow" event, with the possibility to cancel the standard reminder dialog will be perfect! Is there any way I can access It? Or only waiting a next build?

Thanks a lot.
Posted 24 Oct, 2005 06:52:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

I will add these events to the ADX code tonight and will send you a link to download ADX v.2.3 (beta). Is it OK?
Posted 24 Oct, 2005 07:42:36 Top
Thomas Grossen

It could not be better...!

Thank you for your 150% excellent support... I will never regret to have purchased Add-in Express!
Posted 24 Oct, 2005 08:12:36 Top