workSheetMenuBar and adxRibbonOfficeMenu in excel 2007

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

workSheetMenuBar and adxRibbonOfficeMenu in excel 2007
Is adxMainMenuExcel (WorksheetMenuBar) supposed to work in excel 2007? 
sumu kalshan

Hi

I am a new user for Add-In Express 2008 for .NET

I am trying to go through the sample given in the developer guide. However I find that adxMainMenuExcel ( the default name) that points to CommandBar Worksheet Menu Bar does not owkr in Excel 2007. Is this supposed to work?

I downloaded the sample MyAddin that you provide fr om your website and I found that adxRibbonOfficeMenu works well but even in your sample WorksSheet Menu Bar does not

Just for calritys sake, since the example in your document includes this, I want to make sure that the RibbonOfficeMenu is the only way to do it in Excel 2007

Also, in your example, I fond that for the Ribbon Office Menu item, you use BeforeIdMso as FileNew ..Is there someplace wh ere such constants are defined? (in your developer guide starting example though for the other menu items you use Ids like 3)

Thanks
Sumu
Posted 16 Nov, 2009 14:17:36 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Sumu,

Excel 2007 provides the Ribbon UI instead of conventional toolbars and menus. That's the reason why the main menu component doesn't show any controls in Excel 2007 while adxRibbonOfficeMenu does show custom Ribbon controls.

Also, in your example, I fond that for the Ribbon Office Menu item, you use BeforeIdMso as FileNew ..Is there someplace wh ere such constants are defined? (in your developer guide starting example though for the other menu items you use Ids like 3)

"FileNew" is the ID of a Ribbon control, and 3 is the ID of a command bar control. Please see http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=6393; it answers to your question as well as to some other ones.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Nov, 2009 15:41:12 Top