adxOutlookEvent for Itemdelete

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

adxOutlookEvent for Itemdelete

Christian Skadhauge

Hi Sergey

I have just tried out some of the adxOutlookEvents handlers and they all seem to work the way I expected, but where is the adxOutlookEvents_ExplorerBeforeItemDelete event? Or in other words what should I do to get my hands on this event?

By the way ?Â?Ð?ã what is the easiest way to get a handle to the present object in the event handler?Â?Ð?és e.g. the adxOutlookEvents_ExplorerBeforeItemPaste?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Christian
Posted 12 Oct, 2005 13:58:33 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Christian.

We have already added this events to the next ADX build. I think it will be published next month. Also we will add some examples to the installation package in order to show how to handle these events in ADX.
Posted 12 Oct, 2005 15:18:25 Top
Christian Skadhauge

Hi Sergey

That sounds fine - any chance of a Beta?

I wonder if you will put in events like _InspectorBeforeClose. If not I would be pleased if you could give me a hint on how to get hand of the object that is being closed when you close an Inspector.

Private Sub AddinModule_OlInspectorClose(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal inspector As Object, ByVal folderName As String) Handles MyBase.OlInspectorClose

Dim CurrentAppointment As Outlook.AppointmentItem
Dim AktFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim myOlApp As Outlook.Application
Dim ItemEntryId As String
Dim ItemStoreId As String

If InStr(folderName, "Calendar") > 0 Then
Try
myOlApp = Me.HostApplication
CurrentAppointment = myOlApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
Catch ex As Exception
GoTo Fejl
End Try
ItemEntryID = CurrentAppointment.EntryID
AktFolder = CurrentAppointment.Parent
ItemStoreID = AktFolder.StoreID
End If
Fejl:
myOlApp = Nothing
CurrentAppointment = Nothing
AktFolder = Nothing
End Sub

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Christian
Posted 15 Oct, 2005 03:11:58 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Christian.

You can use the Close event of an Outlook item (Outlook.ItemEvents interface) to perform your code before an item has been closed. We have already added a wrapper for the Outlook.ItemEvents interface to a new ADX version (v.2.3). Now I am developing some examples for this version. I will let you know when you can download and try a new ADX build (beta). I think I will send you a link during this week.
Posted 17 Oct, 2005 07:32:56 Top