ToolBar drag and drop

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ToolBar drag and drop
My toolbar in outlook cannot be dragged 
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Hi,
I know that the same issue I posted earlier also. But i need to provide solution/workaround for my customer. Plz suggest me.

Problem#1
I have custom toolbar configured and it contains one textbox and one button control. When i drag this custom toolbar as far as possible
to the right of the screen, its drop-down menu is empty i.e., My textbox is missing from the toolbar. I am using ADXOLExplorerCommandBar in my application.

We are using
1. adxloader version 5.1.2022.
2. Textbox and Button control we use on the explorer command bar.Yes, they are from System.windows.Forms namespace.
3. We are using WINDOWS XP and is up to date.
4. Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Up to date.

Problem#2
As a workaround i used adxolexplorercommandbar.left and adxolexplorercommandbar.rowindex properties in CommandBar_Update event to keep my toolbar in the initial location. So, this toolbar cannot be dragged to anywhere. this code works fine with OL2007, But in OL2003, I am unable to use online Help. Unable to enter any text in Online Help Search textbox. Control is always focused to Inbox. I am sure that this is because of those two properties i used.

Please suggest me a solution/workaround for my problems?
Posted 12 Oct, 2009 01:41:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Sridhar,

You can try setting AddinExpress.MSO.ADXMsoBarProtection.adxMsoBarNoMove to the Proptection property of your command bar instead.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Oct, 2009 08:02:26 Top
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Thanks for Your reply Andrei.

I used this property in CommandBar_Update event. But it didn't soved my issue.
Can you please suggest me in which event this code should be written.

BTW to fix this issue i did the following:

In AddIn_StartUpcomplete event I performed the following:
1. Save the original position of ToolBar using adxolexplorercommandbar.left and adxolexplorercommandbar.rowindex properties.

In CommandBar_Update event i performed the following:
2. Get the width of Toolbar using adxolexplorercommandbar.width, It returns me the length of toolbar, it's always fixed length.

3. Whenever i moved my toolbar to the entire right and if it looses the text box, the toolbar width get reduced.

4.I am just comparing the width, if it is less than the original length, i am placing my toolbar to the previous location.

It's working fine for me.
Can you please suggest me if i am doing anything wrong.

Thanks & Regards
Sridhar K

Posted 13 Oct, 2009 08:02:03 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hello Sridhar,

Sure, you can use the solution you suggested. Especially as because it works fine for you.

You can also try to set the Protection property to AddinExpress.MSO.ADXMsoBarProtection.adxMsoBarNoMove in the ExplorerActivate event of the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookAppEvents component.

Posted 13 Oct, 2009 09:40:17 Top
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Thanks & Regards
Sridhar K
Posted 15 Oct, 2009 01:04:17 Top