Security Manager does not work in spanish MSOffice

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Security Manager does not work in spanish MSOffice

Roberto Bargagli

Hi!

We purchased Addin Express and Outlook Security Manager, everything has been working fine, until one of our clients installed our product and Outlook Warnings began to appear on his machine.

After a long hours of research we concluded the only difference is that he has Microsoft Office in Spanish, after that we installed MS Office in spanish on one of our stagein machines and we can reproduce the warnings.

We are using SecurityManager.Check() function and all properties for disable warnings but warnings still appears.

The warning appears when the following code is executed:

//fields are an instance of MAPI.Fields

object propertyValue = fields.get_Item(MAPI.CdoPropTags.CdoPR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS,System.Reflection.Missing.Value);
object result = ((MAPI.Field)propertyValue).Value;

It is very, very important for us because 90% of our target clients have MSOffice in spanish.

We apreciate your help in advance and hope you can respond soon.
Posted 20 Sep, 2005 09:57:12 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Roberto.

What version of Office do you use? Can I look at the code where you disable the security warnings?
Posted 21 Sep, 2005 06:25:33 Top
Roberto Bargagli

Hi, Sergey!

We saw this error on Office 2003 and Office XP (Spanish Versions).
The code to disable the warnings is the following:

if(this.checkSecurityManager(AddinExpress.Outlook.osmWarningKind.osmObjectModel))
 this.securityManager.DisableOOMWarnings = true;
if(this.checkSecurityManager(AddinExpress.Outlook.osmWarningKind.osmCDO))	
 this.securityManager.DisableCDOWarnings = true;
if(this.checkSecurityManager(AddinExpress.Outlook.osmWarningKind.osmSimpleMAPI))	
 this.securityManager.DisableSMAPIWarnings = true;

private bool checkSecurityManager(AddinExpress.Outlook.osmWarningKind warningKind)
{
  return (this.securityManager.Check(warningKind)!=AddinExpress.Outlook.osmResult.osmSecurityGuardNotFound && this.securityManager.Check(warningKind)!=AddinExpress.Outlook.osmResult.osmDLLNotLoaded);
}

The result for securityManager.Check() in both cases (Office 2003 and Office XP) is
AddinExpress.Outlook.osmResult.osmOK

This is very important and urgent for us because this week is the release of our product and this is the only pending issue to release it.

Thank you very much!!
Posted 21 Sep, 2005 09:16:39 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Roberto, I will test OSM with Office 2003 (Spanish Version) tonight.
Could you please send me your test project that reproduces the issue?
Posted 21 Sep, 2005 10:52:10 Top
Roberto Bargagli

Sergey, I sent an email with the project.
Thanks a lot.
Posted 21 Sep, 2005 15:19:37 Top
Roberto Bargagli

I found the problem.

In my setup I'm registering a CDO.dll (from Office English) over CDO.dll spanish.

The problem is that GUID of CDO.dll in spanish is different to GUID CDO.dll in english. I have a Launch condition to do that and obviously the setup is override the spanish CDO.

After I unregistered my "English CDO" everything works fine!!

Thank you very much for your GREAT support!!!!!
Posted 21 Sep, 2005 17:57:00 Top