2 buttons appear on inspector toolbar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

2 buttons appear on inspector toolbar
2 buttons appear on inspector toolbar when you reply to an email 
Michael McMahon

Hi all,

Am wondering if anyone has come across a situation like this before.

We have an addin that adds a command bar and button to both the explorer and inspector mail folder views in Outlook. We're using the ADX designer to add the buttons and it all works pretty well. Just one semi major issue at present... when you're viewing an email and you click reply two buttons appear on the inspector commandbar. One of the buttons works as expected and the other doesn't. The desired functionality is that only one (working) button would appear.

A bit of extra info on this. The addin that we've written also happens to add very similar toolbar buttons to Word and Excel and it seems that the MS Word button is the one that is appearing as the second button. I've confirmed this by verifying that the 2nd toolbar button only appears when you have the option to "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" enabled on the Mail Format tab in Outlook.

If you've come across anything like this or have any suggestions on what I can do to prevent the second button appearing that'd be cool. Thanks in advance!

Michael McMahon

P.s. the addin has been written for MS Office XP and 2003
Posted 08 Aug, 2005 01:40:32 Top
mdriver

Hi

I've had similar problems. Basically when you enable "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" in Outlook you are going to get problems. Its not the add-ins fault its because word is not integrated with Outlook properly. The Outlook API does not handle word correctly. I would recommend if you can not using "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages".

Do you have to use "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" ?

Matt

Have a look at this previous post:

Informational message from Add-in Express.com
---------------------------------------

New message on the forum at www.add-in-express.com.

Topic title:
Suggestions for preventing Word menu appearing in Outlook e-mail

Message author: Sergey Grischenko
Message date: 20.07.2005 10:07:08
Message text:

Hi Phil.

Could you test the following example:
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/wordinoutlookissue.zip

Probably it will help you. The main idea is to disable a Word command bar in Outlook the add-in must be loaded both in Word and Outlook. Then you just disable the command bar for Outlook in the AddinStartupComplete event handler of the AddinModule and in the WindowActivate event handler of the ADXWordAppEvents component.

Message address:
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=520&MID=2616#message2616

Automatically generated message.

Posted 08 Aug, 2005 04:42:25 Top