Working with userproperties

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Working with userproperties
Best practices 
Patrick Jox

Hi,
I am planning to create a Outlook contact form based applictaion, that mixes outlook custom forms and adxOlForm items. I want to let the the first page as is to presave the good functionality as e.g. resolving name and address. Then I add some adxOlForms with special functionality, that are displayed in the inspector region. On these new forms I have to display some information from userproperties.

How should I synchronize the gui controls with the corresponding userproperty? Is there any best practice or do I have to do it on each textchanged event? The problem is, that I have to force the forms dirty flag to switch to "true" so that the user will be asked if he wants to save when trying to close the application.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Patrick
Posted 03 Jun, 2009 06:29:28 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Patrick,

I recommend that you use each textchanged event to change a userproperty.
Also use the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookItemEvents class to handle the item's events.

The following topic may be helpful: http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=4996&MID=25285&phrase_id=1520532#message25285
Posted 03 Jun, 2009 11:11:46 Top
Patrick Jox

OK, thanks.

If I want my adxOlForm to be displayed on a certain custom tabpage, how can I achieve this?

Kind regards
Patrick
Posted 03 Jun, 2009 11:55:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Patrick,

ADXOlForm cannot be embedded into a tab; it's embedded into the form instead. If you are able to identify that your tab is opened/closed then you can show/hide your form programmatically.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Jun, 2009 12:13:08 Top