Full EMail Message

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Full EMail Message

André Treuthardt

Hi!
I recently bought the .net add-in and the Outlook Security Manager.
I need to obtain the original and complete email selected message in Outlook,
I have achieved getting the HTML Body, Email Headers and "Multipart Text Message" but I haven't find the way to obtain the complete ORIGINAL message, can be possible to do that? How can I implement it?
I'm programming in C# - could you send me an example code?

Do you have some List from the MAPI-Constant-Declarations?

André
Posted 28 Jul, 2005 12:24:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andr?.

Lately, I tryed to get the complete ORIGINAL message from an email but with no luck. I think Extended MAPI doesn't allow retrieving the original email message.
As for MAPI-Constant-Declarations, you can find their in the C++ headers from the Visual Studio installation folder. See the MAPITags.h file from the <VS installation folder>\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include subfolder.
Posted 29 Jul, 2005 06:29:13 Top
André Treuthardt

Thanks for the Answer

I just need this example:

http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=460&MID=2296&phrase_id=62803#message2296

thanks

André
Posted 29 Jul, 2005 07:02:17 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Andr?, here is my answer to Roberto:

You are right, Extended MAPI doesn't contain any tags for the original email message.
At least I didn't find such tags in MSDN. I think Extended MAPI doesn't allow retrieving the original email message.
However I found out that CDO for Windows 2000 provides information about the Body parts of messages. But the problem is,
CDO for Windows 2000 is not MAPI-based. Here is what I have found in MSDN:

blue

Currently I don't have a solution for you. Sorry. But I will let you know if I succeed in this issue.

Posted 29 Jul, 2005 07:14:48 Top