Cannot get Outlook Addin to load with new 2.2 release

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cannot get Outlook Addin to load with new 2.2 release
But it loaded fine with a 2.2 preview release 
Ryan Farley

I have an Outlook Addin that I built using a preview release of ADX 2.2 (Actually it was first built on 2.1, but I uninstalled 2.1 and installed 2.2 preview and all worked fine).

I am now attempting to upgrade to ADX 2.2. I uninstall the 2.2 preview version, and install the 2.2 release version. I then go and recompile my addin, no problems.

However, now my addin will not load in Outlook (I did reregister it as well to be sure, but no luck). If I go to the COM Add-Ins dialog to check my addin, I see it listed there, but the LoadBehavior for my addin says "Not loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the COM Add-in".

Any ideas?

BTW, if I uninstall the 2.2 release version and reinstall the 2.2 preview version all is well again. Am I missing something with updating the ADX dependency in my project or something?

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
Posted 21 Jul, 2005 14:37:05 Top
Ryan Farley

But strange, I tried the same with another test addin I made and all worked fine. Not sure what might be different with my production addin.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted 21 Jul, 2005 15:03:58 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan.

Probably you have a local copy of the AddinExpress.MSO.dll in the add-in output folder (I mean .\bin\debug). Could you please check it?
If no, can I look at the code of your add-in?
Posted 22 Jul, 2005 08:27:09 Top
Ryan Farley

Sergey,

Sorry, should have mentioned that was the first thing I checked. No luck. I'll package up the project and send it your way.

Thanks.

-Ryan
Posted 22 Jul, 2005 11:27:01 Top
Bob Milani

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, but I can't even run the sample files. I had no problem after installing version 2.2, but it suddenly stopped working. I removed the old version and reinstalled it, but it didn't help.

I also checked AddinExpress.MSO.dll, it wasn't in the output directory.

Thanks,

-Bob
Posted 22 Jul, 2005 14:39:29 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan.

The cause of the issue is in the names of your command bars. You set the same names for both the inspector command bar and the explorer command bar. Could you assign different names for your command bars? It should help. I think I need to fix this issue in the next ADX build.
Posted 25 Jul, 2005 05:53:13 Top
Ryan Farley

Well go figure. That was it.

BTW, It did work ok in in the 2.2 preview build to have my explorer and inspector toolbar names be the same, but no big deal. I changed the name of one of them to something else and all is good now.

Thanks a lot for the help.
-Ryan
Posted 25 Jul, 2005 12:21:46 Top