Tried to add a TaskPane to Excel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Tried to add a TaskPane to Excel

Vladimir Panasenko

Tried to add a TaskPane to Excel using test add-in, but failed. Saw few topics on this issue; had ProgID setup as MyAddin1.ADXExcelTaskPane1. What might be wrong? Below you will find exception stack. Environment: Windows Server 2008, Excel 2007; Add-In Express SE, .NET 3.5.

Thank you in advance,

Vladimir

Exception Source:
Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Exception Message: Unable to create specified ActiveX control.
Exception Target Site: ForwardCallToInvokeMember

---- Stack Trace ----
System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(memberName As String, flags As BindingFlags, target As Object, aWrapperTypes As Int32[], msgData As MessageData&)
AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll: N 0197 (0xC5) IL
AddinExpress.MSO.ICTPFactory.CreateCTP(CTPAxID As String, CTPTitle As String, CTPParentWindow As Object)
AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll: N 00000 (0x0) JIT
AddinExpress.MSO.ADXAddinModule.AddCustomTaskPanes(parent As Object, outlookFolderName As String)
AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll: N 0000 (0x0) IL

Posted 09 Mar, 2009 10:26:42 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

AddinExpress.XL.ADXExcelTaskPane is used for the ADXExcelTaskPanesManager component.

You should use a UserControl instead of AddinExpress.XL.ADXExcelTaskPane.
Posted 09 Mar, 2009 11:14:57 Top
Vladimir Panasenko

Fedor,

Sorry, missing your point. I followed the doc, used Designer View, and added TaskPane; source code was generated by wizard, and class was defined as:

ADXExcelTaskPane1 : AddinExpress.XL.ADXExcelTaskPane

I used Controls in order to create Ribbon menus and I succeeded. However, at this time I have to create TaskPane. Could you provide more informative instructions please?

Regards,

Vlad
Posted 09 Mar, 2009 11:39:11 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Vladimir,

There are two kinds of TaskPane:

1. Custom Task Panes for Excel 2007
For this kind you should create UserControl: System.Windows.Forms.UserControl and use the AddinModule.TaskPanes property for creation a Task Pane.

2. http://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-net/excel-task-panes.php
You should use the ADXExcelTaskPaneManager component with AddinExpress.XL.ADXExcelTaskPane.
Please see the following HOWTOs:
http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-c-sharp.php#task-panes
Posted 10 Mar, 2009 07:22:13 Top