Accessing the menu item after addig a custom menu item for IE

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Accessing the menu item after addig a custom menu item for IE

Edward Diener

I understand how to add a custom menu item to the IEModule in the "Add-in Express 2008 for Internet Explorer and .Net", and creating an OnClick handler for the item. How can I access the actual IE menu item in my event handler in order to, for instance, place a checkmark on the menu item in IE ?

I want to allow the users of my IE extension to click a menu item in order to turn on or turn off some functionality in my extension and I want to check or uncheck the menu item in order to tell the end-user whether or not the functionality is on or off.
Posted 27 Feb, 2009 21:39:25 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Edward.

Please use the following code:

private void adxieMenuItem1_OnClick(object sender, object eventObj)
{
AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEMenuItem menuItem =
sender as AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEMenuItem;
menuItem.Checked = !menuItem.Checked;
}
Posted 02 Mar, 2009 10:10:10 Top
Edward Diener

Sergey Grischenko wrote:
Hi Edward.

Please use the following code:

private void adxieMenuItem1_OnClick(object sender, object eventObj) { AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEMenuItem menuItem = sender as AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEMenuItem; menuItem.Checked = !menuItem.Checked; }

I am sure this works but the class reference documentation does not list an ADXIEMenuItem class.

In another answer to my post asking about overall documentation overview of the AddInExpress.IE classes you wrote that the documentation is under construction.

I find this lack of complete documentation for a paid product very disappointing and I am going to ask for a refund since I am well within the 30 day trial period.

Would you please advise me how I go about doing this ? Do I contact Share-It and if so, how do I contact them to tell them I want a refund based on your 30-day policy. I will of course remove your product from my machine upon being granted the refund.

I wish you well in the future and I hope to revisit your product when you may have better documentation in future revisions.
Posted 02 Mar, 2009 13:50:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Edward.

Please send your refund request to our Sales department.
http://www.add-in-express.com/support/askus.php

Now we are working on Add-in Express 2009 for IE. This release will contain the documentation. I think we will publish it this month.
Posted 03 Mar, 2009 06:22:22 Top