Error in design mode on module
The deisgner show error. 
Adiel Sharabi

Hi
My versions:
VS 2008.
Server 2008 64 bit.
Add-In Express 2008. Build 1913.

In One machine it work perfect and at the same time and code in That machine it's not workin.

Error:
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: instance

Stack trace:
at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.AddAttributes(Object instance, Attribute[] attributes)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.CreateDesigner(IComponent component, Boolean rootDesigner)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.AddToContainerPostProcess(IComponent component, String name, IContainer containerToAddTo)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.Add(IComponent component, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type componentType, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

Thanks
Adiel
Posted 04 Feb, 2009 06:15:00 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hello Adiel,

Please try doing the following things:

1. Install the Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
2. Install the latest build of Add-in Express. You can download it
http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet.php. Don't forget to replace the adxloader.dll in the Loader folder of your project with a new one.
3. Run the Visual Studio as an administrator.

BTW Is the UAC enabled? Is the OS up to date?

Please let me know whether it helps.

Posted 04 Feb, 2009 06:36:31 Top
Adiel Sharabi

Hi.
Sorry but I have SP1 (of VS) installed.
In the machine where it works It's Vista 32 bit with SP1, In the not working machine it's Server 2008. Both with UAC disable.
And it is the latest build of Add-in Express.
Thanks
Adiel
Posted 04 Feb, 2009 06:40:21 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Adiel,

Did you try to run Visual Studio as an administrator?
Posted 04 Feb, 2009 06:44:23 Top
Adiel Sharabi

Yes.
No changes.
Posted 04 Feb, 2009 06:47:07 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Ok. Can you send the project to the support e-mail address (see readme.txt)? I will try to open it on my PC.
Posted 04 Feb, 2009 06:49:56 Top
Adiel Sharabi

Sorry.
Too match sensitive data to isolate.
I'll try to isolate the problem and let you know.
Thanks anyway.
Adiel

Posted 04 Feb, 2009 07:30:48 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Ok. Keep me notifying please.
Posted 04 Feb, 2009 07:35:26 Top