Unable to get installer types

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to get installer types
Can't install my Add-in 
Daniel McPherson

"Unable to get installer types in the c:\program files\testcompany\test\addinexpress.mso.dll assembly. -> One or more of the types in the assembly unable to load."

I have checked the forums, the following may help:
1. I'm using ADX 2.2 preview
2. I have tried installing the PIA's on the client machine, using the redistribution pack, no luck
3. I have tried it on multiple machines, no luck.
4. I have successfully deployed it on my own machine, not development.

Any help in getting to the bottom of this appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted 02 Jun, 2005 11:54:32 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Daniel.

Probably the cause of the error is not in the PIAs.
Is it possible for me to have a look at your solution? In this case I will be able to help you more quickly.
Posted 02 Jun, 2005 12:15:20 Top
Michael

Was there a solution for this? I have developed my Add-in on a computer with Office 2003.

But can't install it on a machine with office 2000. Both are running Windows XP. I'm using 2000 PIA's, if that matters??

Any ideas?

Cheers Michael
Posted 14 Jun, 2005 11:10:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Michael.

You do everything correct. To support both Office 2003 and 2000 you should use PIAs for Office 2000. I suppose you have included the following dependencies to your setup project: Interop.Office.dll, Interop.Outlook.dll and Interop.VBIDE.dll. Do you use additional assemblies in your add-in project?

You can send me your solution if you wish. I will try to help.
Posted 14 Jun, 2005 14:38:45 Top
Michael

I have been trying to get it to install under different versions of office, on many different machines, and it appears it will only install on machines that have add-in expressed installed on them... I'm sure I shouldn't have to install this on the machines I want to use it on. Therefore is there a particular dll etc I'm supposed to include? In the setup project I've got the Addin Express MSO dll file. Along with some others it automatically put in there, plus the Interop.Outlook, and Interop.Office dlls. Theres options such as Application Folder, or Assembly Folder... Are these important to set correctly? If so what should they be set for the Addin Express mSO dll file, and others that the wizard adds?

Michael
Posted 15 Jun, 2005 10:29:26 Top
Michael

Just to add. The actual error I get is:

Unable to get installer types in the <setuplocation>\addinexpress.mso.dll assembly. --> One or more of the types in the assembly unable to load.
Posted 15 Jun, 2005 10:30:49 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Michael.

You can install your add-in on any PCs and it doesn't matter whether Add-in Express is installed or not. I think the cause of the issue lies somewhere else. Can you generate another ADX add-in project just adding one command bar and then build it. Do not add any other assemblies. Try to install the new add-in on the PCs where you got the error. Do you get the same?
Posted 15 Jun, 2005 11:15:13 Top
Sven Heitmann

Hi

I am not sure but I think I got this message long time ago too. Unfortunately I can't remember what the solution of the problem was.

You should check if all used Assemblies are available on the target machine, if not include them in your setup project.

For example I deploy the following Assemblies
My Addin Assembly
All used PIAS
AddinExpress.MSO.dll
Extensibility.dll
Office.dll
stdole.dll

I would suggest you send Sergey your Solution File and Setup Project so he can check if something is missing there.

And don't forget to install the .NET Runtime on the target machines... ;)
Best regards,

Sven Heitmann
Posted 16 Jun, 2005 03:06:40 Top
Michael

I made a 'clean' test add-in and this installed fine, so looked at the differences, and found that in my attempt to get valid Interops for Office 2000 I'd managed to make a complete mess of the dependencies for the install project. It was trying to get dll's from my GAC and all sorts.

So I stuck VS on my Office 2000 machine. Used it to create the Interops. Then uncompiled them, strong key named them, and recompiled them giving me perfect 2000 Interops.

Made a new solution using the wizard. Added these two interops, copied all my code in from my non working solution. Compiled, and installed perfectly :)

Always easy when you've got the correct stuff and know what your doing! lol!

Cheers again for the help!
Michael
Posted 16 Jun, 2005 05:06:23 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Michael. -:)

I am glad you have found the cause of the problem.
Good luck.
Posted 16 Jun, 2005 07:08:09 Top