Error in OnStartupComplete when using Excel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Error in OnStartupComplete when using Excel
Error found in source of OnStartupComplete 
Joseph menter

You may have already found and fixed this in 2.2, I just bought and downloaded the current released version 2.1.?...

I was receiving this error when installing my add-in on a clean computer that just had Office installed:

mscorlib: "AddinModule error: the add-in has fired an exception. No such interface supported"

Of course, this didn't occur on my developement machine...

After tracing through my code and determining that it wasn't a problem there, I took a look through the AddinExpress source code and found the problem in the routine ADXAddinModule.cs 'Extensibility.IDTExtensibility2.OnStartupComplete()'

A check is made to see if the application running is "Excel" and if so exits the routine. Unfortunately 'applicationname' hasn't been set yet, the routine that sets it gets called on the next line. I got the error message to go away by moving the SetHostApplication() call to the line before the check for 'Excel'.

Posted 30 May, 2005 10:46:52 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Joseph.

Thank you for the bug report. I would advice you to use the latest
ADX build (v2.2.1750 Public Preview). You can download the build here:
http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/
Posted 30 May, 2005 11:01:47 Top
Joseph menter

Sorry - I was a little to quick to post, that wasn't the problem, it was indeed in my addinstartupcomplete code, and changing the source as above causes the toolbar to not be registered in excel... We should probably delete the above message so as to not confuse anyone...

Joe
Posted 30 May, 2005 11:18:31 Top